How to change ringtone on your iPhone: The official ringtone which comes with iPhone is not bad at all. However, it does not change the fact that most people prefer to change the ringtone to something they like better. Customising iPhones are a little less flexible than android phones but still, ringtones are available in plenty. Changing ringtones what is the easiest way of customisation. Hence, you must know How to change ringtone on your iPhone to make yourself stand apart.
How to change ringtone on your iPhone?
Changing the default ringtone basically means having a different tone play every time someone calls you.
Steps for how to change ringtone on your iPhone
1. The iPhone does not come with an app drawer which gives you the list of all apps. All the apps in the iPhone are presented in the home screen itself. This is the reason why the ‘settings’ can also be accessed by the home screen directly. Just find the icon which says ‘settings’ and click on it.
2. All the iPhones will give you a complete menu to choose among. The whole list you get after opening settings is mostly based on customisation. If you want to customise your phone in any manner, you are compulsory required to go to ‘settings’. Coming back to the point, you need to click on the option named ‘Tap Sounds’ or ‘Sounds & Haptics’, as per your iPhone model.
3. After that, going to the ‘sounds and vibration’ pattern and tap on ‘ringtone’. Out of the ringtone menu, you will find a list of ringtones which are pre installed. It will also show you the ringtone you are using currently on your iPhone. To change the ringtone, all you need to do is click on any one of the ringtones available on the list. First, it will preview you the ringtone by making you listen to it and then, you can select it for use. All you need to make sure is that it has the checkmark next to it.
4. To use the ringtone you have selected, you just need to go back by tapping the top left corner. You can also click the home button and the ringtone will be saved automatically. Whenever you get a call ever again, the new ringtone will play instead of the old one. This is how to change ringtone on your iPhone and make it one of a kind.
How to set any song as iPhone ringtone
Open iTunes on your iPhone and find a song that you want to snip.
Right-click on the song and select ‘Get Info” followed by the “Options”. In the Options tab, you will see Start and Stop.
Right-click and selecting Create AAC Version.
We can change the original song back to its regular start and stop time. Just uncheck the boxes next to Start and Stop.
follow the instructions in this article to upgrade them.
Right-click on your new AAC song clip and select Show in Finder. From the Finder folder, right-click your newly created song and select Get Info.
Go to Get Info menu, under “Name and Extension”, change the extension for .m4a to .m4r and save your changes.
Once saved folder to your desktop.
Now You Connect your iPhone to computer and open iTunes. And select the three dots next to your phone and click Tones in the drop-down menu.
Drag the Ringtone from the desktop to the Tones section.
Click on the iPhone icon and go to Tones -> Sync Tones -> Selected Tones -> and select your Ringtone
Back on your phone, head to Settings -> Sounds -> Ringtones and select your new Ringtone
How to Change Vibrations
To change the default vibration pattern:
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Sounds (or Sounds & Haptics)
- Set the Vibrate on Ring and/or Vibrate on Silent sliders to on/green
- Tap Ringtone under Sounds and Vibration Patterns.
- Tap Vibration.
- Tap the pre-defined options to test them or tap Create New Vibration to make your own.
It is true that the customisation of iPhone is not as versatile as the customisation of android devices. On the other hand, that does not mean that it compromises on customising ringtones. Just like any other Android device, iPhones also allow you to select different ringtones for different people. This is a very good feature as it lets you know who is calling you without even touching the phone.
The thing special about iPhone customisation is the fact that you can change the vibration patterns. Yes, it is true. You can change the pattern of vibrations the phone produces when it gets a call. However, just like ringtones, you can set different vibration patterns for different contacts making your iPhone experience lot better. Now that you know how to change ringtone on your iPhone, go find a great ringtone for yourself. P.S. One of the best ringtone downloading apps right now is Myxer. The variety of ringtones to get in this application is rare anywhere else. You can choose the best ringtone for yourself from this simple user-interfaced ringtone downloader.