How to make a song a Ringtone on Android: Ringtones are essential for alerting either on a call or a message. Every mobile comes with some standard ringtones in it, but we wish to have our favorite song as a ringtone. You may be thinking how to turn a favorite song into a ringtone. There is no need to worry because we here to help in turning a song into a ringtone quite easily on your favorite Android device.
Android is one of the most popular platforms among smartphone devices. In the last few years, with the abundance of Android devices is made available in the market at a very reasonable price. Now, over 70% of smartphone users are from the Android platform. The best part of the platform is that it is very user-friendly and it takes a couple of minutes even for first-time users to get hands on to it.
how do you make a song your ringtone on an Android phone?
However, like all other platforms, the brands of the Android devices also provide a default ringtones for mobile phones. This is a great strategy of marketing but it has also made the life of the users a bit difficult. Whenever someone’s phone starts to ring, all the people who are using the same brand start to look for their mobiles. It is also a bit of embarrassing, isn’t it?
The best way out from this issue is to customize your own ringtone for your mobile. This will not only resolve the issue of the confusion but also sound cool. Next time when your phone rings in a public place with an amazing and new ringtone, you can see many faces turning towards you instead of searching their own pockets.
How Do You Make a Song Your Ringtone on Android Phone?
Customizing your ringtone in Android devices is like a walk in the park. You can easily set a song or any tune as your ringtone and also customize your other notification sounds. As the Android platform is very user-friendly, the process of the same is also very simple and can be done in all kinds of Android devices. Yes, the path may be a bit different as mentioned below, but the basics are the same.
Here is the process for customizing your ringtone: –
- At first, download or copy the music file in your mobile. Android supports almost all types of file formats. So, you don’t have to worry about the same, however, MP3 is the most common format.
- After that, go to your phone settings and from there to Sound option.
- You will find the list of options like incoming call tune, message tune, and others.
- Select the incoming tune option.
- You will find the list of the default tunes there.
- Look for the “Custom Ringtone” option.
- There you will find all the saved audio files on your mobile.
- Select the file you want to set as your ringtone. Listen to the song playing and finalize the same.
Many devices also come with an inbuilt trim option. From there, you can easily cut a portion of the song and set it as your tune.
If you are not able to do the above-mentioned steps, then you can try out with the music player. Open the play and play the song which you want to select. While the song is playing, open the menu or options and there you will find the option to set it as your ringtone.
How to make a song a Ringtone on Android
Android devices are used by most of the people around the globe. Hence, there are many apps designed particularly to use on Android phones. We are helping you with a simpler process that helps in turning any MP3, AAC, AMR or any file into ringtone. Here is the step-by-step process.
- One of the most important things in this process, How to make a song a Ringtone on Android device, which needs to converted into a ringtone.
- If the song is not present in your mobile device, but if not is in your laptop or PC, then just move that file into your Android device.
- Then visit the google play store and download one of the Android applications that will convert song or file into a ringtone.
- Two popular applications that help in How to make a song a Ringtone on Android are Ringdroid and Cheetah.
- Once anyone of the application is installed onto the Android device, then its time to convert into a ringtone.
- Now just select the file and give time for the application to load it.
- To select that portion of the songs which you are wishing to convert, just tap and drag the two grey sliders that are present in the ringdroid application.
- The length of the song can be small or large, there is no restriction on it.
- Once the length is elected then just tap on the save button, that is present in the application.
- Save the ringtone with the name that is quite easy to remember.
- At the same time, you make sure that you are changing the type of the file from “ringtone” to “music”.
- So, it can be used as either a ringtone or else a notification alert, as per the wish if the user and their convenience
- The built-in functionality of this application will make the trimmed content into a ringtone.
- Now using the file-manager set the ringtone either for a call or as the alert tone for messages or notifications.
- Now from the file manager just make a single tap on the ‘Audio’ so all the files under ‘Music’ appear.
- Select it and set it as the ringtone for your device. Now onwards, whenever you receive a call this ringtone is heard.
Read more: free ringtone for android
When all the above-mentioned steps are followed correctly then it becomes quite easy to turn How to make a song a Ringtone on Android device. This is one of the quite easiest ways to set the song as ringtone in just a few steps.